Timothy F. Prosser, SE Lower MI (please contact via comment form at bottom of page)
I am a long-term proponent of the principles of transformational management, the importance of creativity, and the involvement of all constituents and stakeholders in any enterprise. Read my list of characteristics of a good manager to see the qualities I aim for at “What are the Characteristics of a Really Excellent Manager.”
October 2008 – present EVMS Scheduler at AM General Inc.
- Providing scheduling function in an earned value management system
1998-July 2008 Project Management Analyst, contract to Ford Motor Co.
- Led and mentored teams of planners and individuals providing program plans, risk assessments, and project management services in the extremely complex automotive product development environment
- Created and administered vehicle development program and team-level workplans for up to $1 billion programs
- Worked with suppliers to successfully complete designs and a wide variety of testing programs, and deliver parts and assemblies to assembly plants on time
- Drove identification and resolution of issues, and developed recovery plans
- Developed new processes and systems to help clients manage their businesses
- Developed and taught project management skills, tools, and methods
- Streamlined three planning positions into a single responsibility in under 3 months (twice)
1996-1998 Product Information Systems Supervisor, Graco Inc., Automotive & Industrial Div..
- Managed Product Information Operations, and supervised writers and records management staff
- Wrote and compiled documentation for large and small scale industrial fluid handling systems
- Created instructions, diagrams, and other documentation for new technology applications
1995-1996 Product Information Systems Supervisor, contract to Graco, Inc.
- Developed technical documentation for automotive supplier, Graco, Inc.
- Coordinated, expedited, and oversaw final production and delivery of documentation to the customer
- Supervised both engineering records and technical documentation departments
1987-1994 Principal Engineer, Unisys Corporation, Printer Div.
- Led engineering team in a printer qualification program completed in 1/3 the time of previous programs
- Supervised test lab operations and the daily activities of up to 18 technical professionals
- Served as corporate internal ISO9000 auditor for two years
- Served as departmental coordinator in the acquisition of ISO9001 certification
- Served as guide to ISO9000 auditors during primary and maintenance certification audits
- Participated in first team to fully qualify and release a new OEM printer product in less than 6 weeks.
1983-1986 Systems Engineer, Synthetic Vision Systems, Inc., Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc.
- Ran development laboratory and technical library
- Built high speed image processor and automatic inspection system prototypes
- Re-engineered an unstable image processing computer in two months to run for weeks without error (at AISI)
- Wrote test software and procedural documentation for both development lab and production testing
- Helped re-engineer a high-speed image processing computer to increase processing speed and reliability in six months (at SVS)
1982-1983 Production Manager, Engineering Manager, Anatron Inc.
- Responsible for production and product quality improvements
- Managed engineering staff and led product design and manufacturing engineering activities
- Wrote and produced product manuals (won Society for Technical Communications S.E. Mich. award for best instruction manual 1982)
- Created and documented production and inventory control systems
- Solved serious design and supplier quality problems to improve production yield from 25% to >97%
1977-1982 Communication Engineer, ADP Network Services Div.
- Developed and documented departmental database systems
- Wrote system and peripheral test software and documentation
- Held responsibility for maintaining over 2200 pieces of computer equipment in over 70 company facilities
- Devised a system that reduced service costs by over $600,000 per year
EDUCATION: MBA, The University Of Michigan, 1991
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Eastern Michigan University
- Classes in general management skills, technical writing, team facilitator skills, presentation skills, organizational creativity development, statistical process control, ISO9001 auditing, CTQA (Baldridge) Quality Award examiner training, and many software tools
- Publications: Effective Planning for Big Projects series published July 2008 at http://www.pmhut.com